2021.10.22 09:45 heresyoursigns Mentally ill coworker
Hello all. I am the supervisor of a person we'll call Dave in a mental health adjacent setting. We've worked together for many years and are friends outside of work (mainly because we share many friends and live in the same city). Dave has many personal struggles and since the pandemic began his mental health has become increasingly unstable. I've tried my best to support him but I am a "fixer" by nature and was hoping for outside opinions on what my next step with him should be. Here are some key points on what is happening:
1) I won't share Dave's diagnosis but it heavily impacts his ability to care for patients at our work. So in addition to concerning me on a personal level, this situation overlaps with professional concerns. He has not done anything to put others at risk but I am concerned with the quality of care my patients have. He will not be fired for having a mental illness because he has rights under the ADA.
2) Dave does not own a car. He does not take good care of himself. He is putting himself through school but does not want to continue working in the field he is studying for. His wife is planning on divorcing him. He relies on marijuana and nicotine to get through the day. Some of these things have popped up in the last few months and some of them have been going on for a long time.
3) I have taken steps to connect Dave with mental health professionals outside of our work/ peer group. He is receiving mental health care and medical care now. I have also tried to connect him with resources like an affordable car or a less stressful job but he has not pursued those offers. I feel that the more advice I give him the less I feel I am being heard or understood.
4) Some things that Dave has said and done have strained our friendship and made me uncomfortable so I no longer talk about personal things with him. Right now we have a strictly professional relationship and do not talk outside of work. This is a boundary I've had to put up in the last few days and he seems to understand and respect my decision.
5) I am going through my own personal struggles (feel free to look through my history if you want an idea of them) and seeing my coworker struggle puts a strain on me but trying to fix his situation is a greater strain. I'm worried I have lost sight of the objective situation and I'm doing more harm than good. I plan to continue to distance myself from Dave and offer sympathy and support on a strictly professional level without meddling in his personal problems.
The input I'm looking for is this: has anyone ever dealt with this type of situation before? If not, what are your initial thoughts on how I've handled the situation? I am trying to take the most compassionate and helpful route without developing a codependency or taking on too much of his problems. I'm afraid I let this affect me too much already but that can't be changed. I'd rather try too much than try too little. Help!
submitted by heresyoursigns to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2021.10.22 09:45 McGrex Progressiver Neoliberalismus ist Neoliberalismus
|submitted by McGrex to asozialesnetzwerk [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 burstcapillaries Heehee
2021.10.22 09:45 PowerForce2021 New 4K screenshots of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition captured in-engine.
|submitted by PowerForce2021 to pcmasterrace [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 dannylenwinn Throwback RJ Hampton workout with Mike Miller on his midrange
|submitted by dannylenwinn to OrlandoMagic [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 ananovanews Armadillo Lizard Babies That Bite Their Tails And Curl Into Ball Born At Worlds Oldest Zoo » Ananova
|submitted by ananovanews to Animals [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 Psychological-Rub919 Nickelodeon
|submitted by Psychological-Rub919 to PeytonListHR [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 Jumpy_Leather_8955 Royal flush royally fucked me. Don't play there.
|submitted by Jumpy_Leather_8955 to pokerrrr2 [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 ubspider 1qb, .5ppr, 10 man dynasty
2021.10.22 09:45 Randevizous so adorable animals
|submitted by Randevizous to Eyebleach [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 purpleroughh The MyMathGenius Reddit Option - Share Your Feedback!
2021.10.22 09:45 neroscriba Salve rapaziada! Consigo de graça qualquer ONLYFANS, close friends, pack, live etc de graça só mandar o nome da mina que você quer no meu telegram! Me chamem no telegram @cheater78 ou mandem mensagem na dm(privado)! Não respondo comentários! Rápido que vai acabar!!!!!!
2021.10.22 09:45 maxvideo127 Los autos en miniatura de Schumacher, Senna y Checo
|submitted by maxvideo127 to Mexico_Videos [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 miggy1337 Spooky living room setup
|submitted by miggy1337 to halloween [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 pedal_deals_bot MXR Black Label Chorus - CA$129 (CA$110 + CA$19 S/H) 84%
|submitted by pedal_deals_bot to PedalDealsCA [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 scary-white Cursed_Bush
|submitted by scary-white to cursedcomments [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 SuperNinja420 What's the worst advice some has ever given you?
2021.10.22 09:45 AsphaltApostle Working Copy - Git client (By Anders Borum | Developer Tools)
|submitted by AsphaltApostle to davidblue [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 SilverGecko23 My current stack/collection. Mostly silver, a little gold, and a handful of copper and other graded coins. I have another 20 oz coming today and an MS 70 202q type 2 coming in a few days. I will say I am very proud of my stack/collection.
|submitted by SilverGecko23 to coins [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 SzegedNewsBotka Makói Híradó 2021.10.22.
|submitted by SzegedNewsBotka to hirok [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 sarthakydv Project Celestia's corrections about Gorou and Beidou's Hangouts.
|submitted by sarthakydv to Genshin_Impact_Leaks [link] [comments]|
2021.10.22 09:45 Cruzader1986 How to go directly in-game on PC gamepass?
2021.10.22 09:45 Massive_Captain_90 30 [M4R] Northeast US/Anywhere - need some friends
Just looking to fill the void that is my friend life as of late. I want a clean slate to start from. Since turning 30 I realized I just never kept alot of friends.. I live in the US but that doesn’t mean you need to. I am just searching for some friends to chat with.
420 friendly, have been all my life and I have family that uses medical as well, I just love to smoke. avid gamer, using playing some FPS game or an MMO. Lately I have been on Back 4 Blood. I love to cook, and you can always catch me singing a song stuck in my head. If this sounds right then send me a message sometime!
submitted by Massive_Captain_90 to r4r [link] [comments]
2021.10.22 09:45 UpstairsReasonable18 My regret
So my name is oliver mckenzie I’m in Australia I had a friend who I was really close with I won’t say her name but we were pretty much best friends and one drunk night something happened then she said she liked me and I didn’t like her back and I was a bit distant then she hooked up with another guy at a party and I was so annoyed at her I just stopped talking to her for a about a week then one night 23rd of July she called me 14 times and I knew something was up I wasn’t asleep or anything I just was annoyed so I ignored them all and went to sleep in the next morning I wake up and there was a text from her dad basically scolding me for something and I find out she took her life that night and I basically let it happen I didn’t reply to him I didn’t go to her viewing I know where her grave is but I don’t have the guts to go to it I know it’s stupid but I blame myself 100% I know her dad was assaulted her sexually multiple times but I still only blame me and it’s been over a year and the colour yellow and so many other things still remind me of her
submitted by UpstairsReasonable18 to ConfessionBear [link] [comments]
2021.10.22 09:45 palmpotato Halifax transit now measuring tire size when bringing bikes on the ferry
Heads up, it seems as of this week the ferries are now measuring tire size before letting you board. I just had the woman at Woodside stop me and call me back so she could measure. I didn't find any type of update to this change online, just an Examiner article from yesterday.
They appear to be specifically looking for fat bikes, but my gravel bike with 650x47c tires seemed to draw their attention and whip out a measuring tool.
submitted by palmpotato to bikehalifax [link] [comments]