2021.09.25 22:56 Paulyannaco Saints
Hey I am new to Hinduism and I wanted to ask if there are any gurus and saints like they used to for example maharaji Thanks
submitted by Paulyannaco to hinduism [link] [comments]
2021.09.25 22:56 lha1107 Biden won’t use executive privilege to block Jan. 6 commission requests for Trump-era records
2021.09.25 22:56 kungfooe [Historic] Brewing MonoB Aggro Zombies
I am a fan of aggro and tribal decks and with the release of [[Champion of the Perished]] from MID as a premium 1-drop for Zombies, I have been working on trying to figure out a list that was fast or wide enough to compete with other aggro decks while also being resilient enough to withstand control decks. That's the biggest drawback I see with elves (another strong aggro tribal deck)--they don't have a good enough way to reload after sweepers, even with [[Collected Company]] and Freyalise, Skyshroud Partisan]] . However, zombies have [[Undead Augur]] which helps to address this weakness of many other aggro decks--we can reload. Moreover, some zombies can be recast from the graveyard, such as [[Dread Wanderer]] or though the use of [[Liliana, Untouched by Death]] .
So far I have only been testing this current list in Bo1 as I was trying to put it against as much variety and as many unique games as possible. I'll be the first to admit, I'm surprised how strong it has been performing. These results led me to think that there may be a place for zombie aggro in historic, even if this list isn't quite into the final form.
Why this deck in it's current form?
First, the list.
1 Jadar, Ghoulcaller of Nephalia (MID) 108
2 Hive of the Eye Tyrant (AFR) 258
4 Undead Augur (MH1) 112
1 Tainted Adversary (MID) 124
4 Cryptbreaker (EMN) 86
4 Lord of the Accursed (AKR) 114
4 Diregraf Colossus (J21) 50
4 Dread Wanderer (AKR) 103
4 Champion of the Perished (MID) 91
4 Death Baron (M19) 90
3 Graveyard Marshal (M19) 99
1 Wight (AFR) 127
3 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
1 Liliana, Untouched by Death (M19) 106
1 Phyrexian Tower (JMP) 493
2 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241
2 Agadeem's Awakening (ZNR) 90
15 Swamp (UST) 214
- Champion of the Perished --> premium 1-drop. it grows when each other other zombie hits the field and is a threat that must be dealt with quickly. when it's not it can quickly runaway with and close out the game. we run a full set.
- Dread Wander --> another strong 1-drop. a 2/1 body that can be recast from the graveyard when there are one or fewer cards in your hand. this works well when coming back for the last few points of damage after a sweeper or synergizing well with other cards like [[Diregraf Colossus]] to make other zombie tokens and have Diregraf hit the field as a bigger creature (since Dread Wanderer is in the graveyard before being cast out of it).
- Cryptbreaker --> another well-rounded 1-drop. although we're often attack each turn, the times when we need to hold out for a turn or two to wait for the moment to swing allows us to keep drawing cards with the tap 3, draw 1, lose 1 life ability. additionally, though rarely used, the 2-mana discard a card to produce a 2/2 zombie token can make this card more threatening.
- Undead Augur --> this is a crucial 2-drop. it's what allows us to reload after sweepers while possessing a solid 2/2 body. we're mono black so the casting cost isn't an issue for us. it's not the most aggressive creature, but helps to ensure the rest of the team is valuable if removed and also draws removal off of them since we can gain a lot of value for zombies that die with this on the field. crux of what makes zombie aggro even able to be considered. a four-of inclusion.
- Graveyard Marshal --> aggressive 3/2 body that can also make zombie tokens. we're mono black so the casting cost doesn't hurt us. the primary purpose of this card is to attack and get in damage, the zombie token generation is just a bonus. there are three of these, though I'm not completely certain if it shouldn't be a 2-2 split with [[Wight]] (or perhaps even slanted heavier towards Wight).
The remaining cards each just have one copy. I wasn't initially sure which to include, so I wanted to spread them out and test them all. I think this an appropriate spread for first games, and then their distribution would be adjusted based upon the matchup if playing Bo3 (this deck was only tested in Bo1 so far though, so this is just how I would envision it functioning).
- Wight --> another aggressive 3/2 body that can create 2/2 tokens when Wight kills them. the fact that it also exiles that creature card is also kind of a nice bonus. ends up being particularly useful with [[Death Baron]] as it replaces itself with a 2/2 zombie token.
- Jadar, Ghoulcaller of Nephalia --> although not a zombie himself, Jadar produces a zombie token with decayed each turn when there is not one present on the battlefield at the end of the turn. we are an aggro deck so we often send the decayed zombie token swinging. this decayed token that is produced also combos well with [[Phyrexian Tower]] to ramp us in a small number of instances. it's not common we do this, but is a nice piece of tech with this decklist. additionally, the decayed tokens also draw us cards with Undead Augur.
- Tainted Adversary --> a 2/3 deathtouch on a 2-drop is already solid, but the ability to generate additional zombie tokens if drawn later in the game makes it so it's a solid drop early and can generate even more value later. the ability doesn't have to be paid when cast (only when it hits the field), which makes it so you don't have to sink all of your mana into it if you think the opponent might be running counter magic or removal.
- Diregraf Colossus --> a monster of a card. it produces tokens whenever we cast a zombie spell, and can come in with multiple counters on it depending upon how many zombies we have in the yard. this is a premium threat that needs an immediate answer otherwise it can make a bunch of zombie tokens, allowing us to go wide. the wider we are, the more potent [[Lord of the Accursed]] becomes with the menace ability it grants. the real drawback to it is that the body is only a 2/2. still, it's a staple 3-drop. we run a full set.
- Lord of the Accursed --> it's a lord on a decent 2/3 body that grants menace. this ability helps us to break through with the horde to get in the last points of damage. this ability also combos well with [[Death Baron]] as it makes all of our zombies trade 1-for-2 in a worst case scenario when blocked due to Death Baron's granted death tough, and that's only if the creature being blocked dies. stellar 3-drop for zombie tribal. we need a full set
- Death Baron --> it's a second zombie lord that also grants deathtouch. this ability makes it powerful for not only pushing through damage (since the trades are never great for the opponent when everything has deathtouch), but also combos well with [[Lord of the Accursed]] as noted previously. the real drawback for it is the body is only a 2/2. still, if there's already another lord on the field, this becomes an incredibly powerful card for powering up the team. we run a full set.
- Murderous Rider --> create and planeswalker removal that is also on a zombie body. it's a strong card outside of zombie tribal that just happens to be in the tribe, which makes it even stronger. the Swift End side of the card is an instant, so it can be held up if you're already dominating the field to ensure you keep your tempo and can finish closing out the game, or can be cast outright if you need a body or some life. we only run 3 as the body is not the strongest and it's primary purpose is the Swift End side to remove a key problematic creature or planeswalker when you're trying to close out the game.
- Agadeem's Awakening --> serves the purpose to ensure we have 22 lands in the deck, but can also become gas later on in the game to pull back creatures from the graveyard. pulling back Champion of the Perished, Undead Augur, and a lord can instantly rebuild a board after a second sweeper that's come down. try to keep this in hand until later in the game (unless you need to hit an early land drop on curve) so you can pull back two or three creatures from the graveyard if needed.
- Liliana, Untouched by Death --> solid top end that can push through damage with her +1 (we have 37 zombies so it's pretty likely you're pushing 2 damage in), remove a creature with her -2, or let you recast zombies from your graveyard with here -3. we only run a single copy as the focus is keeping a heavier push in the early game. if she's coming down to try and close it out, time is running out fast and we likely should have been getting more done earlier in the game. she can really help out with getting damage through when there are board stalls.
This is what I feel least certain about with the deck. My initial reasoning was to make sure we have 22 lands total since we're a little bit lower-to-the-ground aggro deck and we want to often, though not always be at 3 lands on turn 3.
- Swamps --> we're mono black, we need mana. swamps get it done
- Hive of the Eye Tyrant --> I wasn't too certain how strong these man lands are, but the fact that it removes cards from the yard and has menace makes it pretty good. comes in untapped on turns on or two, which is why we only run two copies. we're an aggro deck and we need our untapped lands on curve the first few turns.
- Castle Locthwain --> we're an aggro deck and we somtimes run out of gas. castle lets us keep drawing cards if we come up empty. we only run 15 swamps, so we don't want to go too heavy on the castles, so we run two. I'm not certain if this is the ideal number (i'd need to crunch the numbers), but in practice it's been working out with them always entering untapped.
- Phyrexian Tower --> I was initially not planning on including this, but the sacrifice a creature to ramp is pretty nice. additionally, it can sacrifice creatures that the opponent might be trying to hit with [[Lightning Helix]] prevents the life gain and gives us mana for spending on an ability like [[Cryptbreaker]] . it doesn't produce black mana and is legendary, so only a single copy.
What does this deck do well and not so well in the current metagame?
It's able to outpace other aggro decks, including often going wider and a little taller than them.
- Slesnya counters is a problem. I've only played them once and they got bigger faster, and had a couple of key fight spells that broke my back. I think the trick to dealing with them will be to get wide enough first and hold up a lord until you can push big damage through and break their tempo. Deathtouch from [[Death Baron]] and [[Murderous Rider]] are key here.
- Izzet tempo with [[Dragon's Rage Channeler]] and [[Sprite Dragon]] are problems. They have burn to kill our key creatures, and they can hold back till they can kill in a couple of turns. These matches have been a bit of a toss up for me. I think the key to dealing with them is outracing and outvaluing them, which is pretty difficult. I don't think I understand how Izzet tempo plays well enough to decide how we want to play against them. For Bo3 I think disruption (e.g., Thoughtseize) and target removal is how to take them down.
- Against Humans (monoW or Orzhov) - humans is another historic tribal deck that gets traction, but zombies goes wider and also can get death touch. Humans can get ltaller in the long run, but not as wide. Additionally, the menace from [[Lord of the Accursed]] makes it harder to block each zombie, and if [[Death Baron]] is down they are losing on trades. This is the match up you want to outpace your opponent and remove their critical pieces before they can overwhelm you.
- Against Elves - i've come up against some elves decks and if they can get to turn 4 on curve, are on the play, and CoCo out a couple of lords, especially if they have a big mana producer like [[Elvish Archdruid]] or [[Marwynn, the Nurturer]] and have an [[Elvish Warmaster]] , then you're in pretty bad shape. The key against them is to play aggressivesly early and force them into unfavorable trades ( [[Death Baron]] helps a lot with this). This matchup can also run into a board stall, so leverage the deathtouch of Baron and the menace from [[Lord of the Accursed]]. a swift end during combat after assigning blockers can also help to break their wall and allow you to regain tempo.
- Against monoR aggro - the most common version i've seen with this is the 20/20 split between burn and aggressive cheap creatures. the trick to getting through this match up is to force them to use their burn spells up and spend what they've got in their hand. play your threats a little slower and put down solid threats ( [[Jadar, Ghoulcaller of Nephalia]] is a good example of this, as is anything with three toughness. they will want to use their burn to kill your creatures so theirs can push through for damage each turn. trade off yours with them so you can win through endurance.
- Boros aggro also often runs a similar game plan, so the goal here is the same--endure. The big thing to watch out for that's different in this match up is that they can have more explosive turns than monoR typically. hold back creatures more frequently here so they don't unexpectedly blow you out.
This deck is also quick against control decks. Champion of the Perished is an all-star one drop when we're trying to race as every other zombie that hits the field makes it bigger.
- Against Azorious control - you want to be able to cast multiple spells a turn, and get an Undead Augur onto the field. the multiple spells makes it so if they counter one you still get another down. Augur makes it so if they wipe you get to reload and draw cards. then you just want to keep attacking each turn (watch out for [[Settle the Wreckage]] ) and get under them before they can get established.
- Against Jeski - similar to Azorious, you want to multi-spell each turn, but here you want to get your biggest and widest threats onto the field. Augur is nice if it fits down, but the bigger threat is them getting off [[Magma Opus]], especially if it's with a [[Torrential Gearhulk]]. that's basically backbreaking for us and unless we're wide so we can swing in and get the last points of damage, it's pretty much game over.
How to build a sideboard for Bo3?
This is one of the questions I currently have, as I've wanted to swap to Bo3 but just haven't taken the leap yet. Disruption via [[Thoughtseize]] and some spot removal seem like likely choices since it's backbreaking cards like board clears or a [[Magma Opus]] , [[Torrential Gearhulk]] , and [[Sprite Dragon]] that spell doom for us. Perhaps another Liliana if we need a slightly more mid-range strategy against a deck like monoR where the plan is to get them to burn their cards too quickly. This is something I need input on as I don't really know how the thinking behind building a sideboard works.
submitted by kungfooe
to spikes [link] [comments]
2021.09.25 22:56 MelindaMashram why is jungling so hard
so like i have been playing this game for a while right. i started as support cause i wanted to play with my BF while im learning all the things. then i started playing mid and it went pretty well and top was kinda chill just being a tank XD. then i went to jungle and idk man i just cant seem to win games when im jungleing. im always down on farm even if the enemy jungler ganks like crazy. any good tips on how to play jungle. its been 2 days since i last died to gromp.
submitted by MelindaMashram to summonerschool [link] [comments]
2021.09.25 22:56 Flam1ac I'm ready when you are, Paradox!
2021.09.25 22:56 killkora Whenever I try and click on somebody’s profile from a tweet. This pops up.
2021.09.25 22:56 DeteminedButUnmotive Need help Minecraft will not launch on mac
My brothers GF is trying to get Minecraft on Mac but everytime when opening it says “quite unexpectedly please close and try again”. The Mac is on the latest OS, and downloading from the official site. Is there any reason why it won’t open?
submitted by DeteminedButUnmotive to Minecraft [link] [comments]
2021.09.25 22:56 Stockbrotha Oaklee and Charlee
2021.09.25 22:56 Cool_Training_5952 lessssssss gooooooooooo.
2021.09.25 22:56 Tezmagiczktw Noble Team- Am I wrong or ??
2021.09.25 22:56 AjaxAsleep Have ~1k points of Tyranids, where should i go next?
submitted by AjaxAsleep to Warhammer40k [link] [comments]
2021.09.25 22:56 prawnbiryani 💗☁🍦🌸🧁🤍🦩
2021.09.25 22:56 ParkourPaul Daily Dose of Ahlele
2021.09.25 22:56 Golb89 "Doctor's worst... fear...?!":
2021.09.25 22:56 tiktron The story of the Cyclon / G-Force (The first vacuum by James Dyson)
The First Dyson vacuum - The Story of Dyson
submitted by tiktron to dyson [link] [comments]
2021.09.25 22:56 Realfrank Two club tickets section 226 $100 for pair just trying to get rid of
My wife and I can’t make the show, willing to sell for dirt cheap.
submitted by Realfrank to toptickets [link] [comments]
2021.09.25 22:56 funkydonkey31 Guy with dog (dog excluded)
2021.09.25 22:56 spenstar61 It’s amazing how disappointed I still am
2021.09.25 22:56 xXM0N5T3R21Xx Anyone know what this is? Noticed it on my way out the front door in Athens, GA. Was about 2 inches long.
2021.09.25 22:56 An_Arkos Help Finding a movie: Bigfoot, but not Bigfoot
Hello fellow horror fans. Got a memory of a movie that is itching my brain that I can't seem to find/remember completely. The problems also is that I may be conflating two movies together... so I don't know. Maybe you all can help. Here are the beats:
- Starts out found-footage-y about a group of fiends going camping in a RV or some kind of group-camping-vehicle
- Weird stuff starts to happen and they end in some encounter with both (bigfoot sasquatch-esque, or just hairy-gorilla type) monsters AND military black ops -- who I think are trying to contain the monsters.
- I think it sort of switches here from found-footage to traditional-shot; the remaining friends (I think it is like one woman, and maybe survivors from another group) are trying to escape both the military and the monsters.
- This is why I am not sure if I am mixing two movies together
- There might be a cabin they hold up in after this and try and outlast what's happening (I know this sounds like "Exists" but it is not that movie).
And that is what I got. I have looked at the main bigfoot-y movies and they are not what I am looking for (e.g. Willow Creek, Exists). Does this ring any bells for anyone else?
submitted by An_Arkos
to horror [link] [comments]
2021.09.25 22:56 EthanTheArcher Errrr
2021.09.25 22:56 TheyCallMeCool1 Cursed_GPU
2021.09.25 22:56 szm_45 Trade Proof
2021.09.25 22:56 Quaker64743 The One That Got Away Is In An Open Relationship
Hi, I am a junior in college who is still head over heals fora guy I talked to Freshman year.
Freshman year story background:
We were only in the talking stage but his friends would always come up to me to tell me that he liked me/was constantly talking about me. That being said, he was still in communication with his ex-girlfriend and I could tell they were very friendly. When we started getting closer, I let my insecurities get the best of me and pushed him away - blocking and removing contact without further notice. Since doing that, I have thought about him every day - but covid and the pandemic made it hard and I also I didn't know if he was the best for me since I was deeply hurt.
Today - Junior Year of College
It is junior year of college and my friend told me that he hit on her (unbeknowest to him that she is my friend). Feeling jealous, I drunkly texted him and he said that I could come to his place later. My drunk self did not understand the 'later' and proceeded to go to both his house and his athletic house looking for him. There, his friends told me that he is an open relationship with the ex-girlfriend (from Freshman year of college and also high school) and that they are fucking whoever they want in college. In other words, know your place. They also said I need to unblock in order to move things forward. I think I'm hesitant to unblock because I don't expect anything from him in this state but I will once I unblock and open communication. I feel as if he flirts with too many girls to actually have feelings for the ex-girlfriend? I saw him on a party recently and we hugged but that's it. I don't know if I should open up (freshman year I will admit to coming off cold) and seek closure or if I should just leave this situation alone.
submitted by Quaker64743 to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2021.09.25 22:56 Simperle If you have access to all of humanity's and Earth's current resources, how would you try to destroy Mars?
submitted by Simperle to AskReddit [link] [comments]